Starting a business can be one adrenaline filled adrenaline rush, where it seems you barely have time to eat and sleep. It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of it all, visualising yourself as the market leader in your sector and a respected entrepreneur.
But before you get anywhere near that stage, there are some essential questions you need to ask of yourself and your business, that will determine whether your venture will be a success or not.
Take a look through the following questions and make sure you have a clear answer to everything. This is the bare minimum you need to be thinking of and by using them as a checklist, you can launch your startup with confidence!
1. What promise are we making to customers?
2. What are we experts in?
3. What are the company’s core values?
4. What is our core message?
5. In this sector, what makes us unique?
6. Do we have a unique message to that of our competitors?
7. What is our signature product/service?
8. Am I committed 100% to this? No making excuses, putting things off etc.
9. How are our target customers or clients?
10. Have we adequately researched their demographics, habits, needs, likes etc.?
11. What are our 3 USPs (Unique Selling Points)
12. How is our treatment of customers/clients better than our competitors?
13. What’s the one ‘Above and Beyond’ thing we can do to get customers/clients to recommend our service/product to others?
14. Do we have a retention plan as well as acquisition?
15. Is our brand message adequately portrayed on all marketing material? Print, Website, Social Media etc.
16. Are we copying others or blazing our own trail?
17. Have we perfected the art of storytelling in order to promote the company and its products?
18. Have we adequate resources?
19. Have We crafted a 1 year, 3 year and 5 year plan?
20. Is there a marketing plan in place that you’re confident in?