39 Tips That Will Drastically Improve Your Life
Excerpts from Dale Carnegie’s timeless Book – How to Win Friends and Influence People
Six Ways To Make People Like You
1. Become genuinely interested in other people.
3. Remember that a man’s name is to him the sweetest and most important sound in the English language.
4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
5. Talk in terms of the other man’s interest.
6. Make people feel important, and do it sincerely.
Twelve Ways Of Winning People To Your Way Of Thinking
1. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
2. Show respect for the other man’s opinions. Never tell a man he is wrong.
3. If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
4. Begin in a friendly way.
5. Get people saying “yes, yes” immediately.
6. Let other people do a great deal of talking.
7. Let other people feel that the idea is theirs.
8. Try honestly to see things from the other man’s point of view.
9. Be sympathetic with other people’s ideas and desires.
10. Appeal to the nobler motives.
11. Dramatize your ideas.
12. Throw down a challenge.
Nine Ways To Change People Without Giving Offense Or Arousing Resentment
1. Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
2. Call attention to people’s mistakes indirectly.
3. Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other man.
4. Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
5. Let the other man save face.
6. Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement.
7. Give people a fine reputation to live up to.
8. Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
9. Make other people happy about doing the thing you suggest.
Twelve Rules For Making Your Home Life Easier
1. Don’t nag.
2. Don’t try to make your partner over.
3. Don’t criticize.
4. Give honest appreciation.
5. Pay little attentions.
6. Be courteous.
7. Don’t criticize him/her before others.
8. Share at least half of your recreation time with your husband/wife.
9. Keep alert to praise him/her and express your admiration for him/her.
10. Thank him/her for the little jobs she does for you.
10. Dress with an eye for your mate’s likes and dislikes in color and style.
12. Compromise little differences of opinion in the interest of harmony.